Victoria Gold Corp. (“Victoria”) is a mining company with an Executive team that is experienced in developing and operating mines in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. Victoria’s Eagle Gold Mine poured its first gold in September 2019 and declared commercial production at the end of Q2 2020. Future and current mines, like Eagle Gold, will be a strong contributor to the Yukon and its citizens for many years to come. www.vgcx.com
Victoria is looking to hire the position outlined below for our Eagle Gold Mine located in Yukon:
MINE GEOLOGIST (Production)
Under the direction of the Senior Mine Geologist, the Mine Geologist is responsible for executing mine geology tasks such as planning and implementing ore grade control, reconciliation; QA/QC with a safety and environmental focus, working closely with Mine Technical Services and Mine Operations.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Zero environmental non-compliances, accidents and incidents.
• Provide oversight of the blasthole sampling activities and collect data related to rock types, mineralogy, and geologic structures.
• Mapping and sampling in open pit.
• Data collection and entry, tracking grades and tonnes on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
• Grade Control and Reconciliation: geologic model and data analysis, grade control and reconciliation, working with Mine Technical Services and Mine Operations.
• Short- and Long-Range Planning: attend daily meetings and provide input into short- and long-range planning.
• Provide monthly reconciliation results for long-range models and actual mine production.
• Stay current with mining laws and safety regulations ensuring compliance with established guidelines.
• Work with Geological personnel to develop a 3D understanding of the lithological and structural
• controls on mineralization at the mine.
• Other responsibilities and functions as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
• B.Sc. in Geology or Geological Engineering
• Eligible for registration as a Professional Geoscientist (P.Geo) in applicable jurisdiction
• 5 to 8 years’ experience in the mining industry with preference to open pit operations.
• Proficiency with mineral specific software packages (Vulcan, ArcGIS, MineSight, DataMine, Leapfrog, etc).
• Previous experience in a mine geology and grade control preferred.
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written, in English.
• Self-directed and self-motivated, demonstrating initiative to do more than is expected or required in the position.
• Commit to safe work practices.
Victoria Gold Corp offers a competitive salary and great benefits. If you are excited about this opportunity and feel you meet the expectations of the role, please send us your resume with the reference headline “Mine Geologist” to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
First Nation of Na-Cho Nyak Dun
PO Box 220
Phone: (867) 996-2265
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30a.m.– 4:30p.m.
Stay in Touch
Enter your email address or cell phone number to subscribe to the NNDFN mailing list.