Victoria Gold Corp. (“Victoria”) is a mining company with an Executive team that is experienced in developing and operating mines in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. Victoria’s Eagle Gold Mine poured its first gold in September 2019 and declared commercial production at the end of Q2 2020. Future and current mines, like Eagle Gold, will be a strong contributor to the Yukon and its citizens for many years to come. www.vgcx.com
Victoria is looking to hire the position outlined below for our Eagle Gold Mine located in Yukon:
INSTRUMENTATION TECHNICIAN APPRENTICE
Under the direction of the Electrical Supervisor, the Instrumentation Technician Apprentice will work on instruments ranging from pressure transducers, weightometers, flow controllers, various level and temperature sensors, and ensuring all systems are wired to communicate with the DCS. The incumbent will be responsible for instrumentation equipment maintenance and regular field and programming troubleshooting/adjustments of equipment, ensuring the instrument readings are reliable and accurate at all times. This position will work on a rotational basis. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
• Delta V programming and hardware maintenance.
• PM and repair of various site analyzers.
• Comprehend complex work instructions and documentation as well as the ability to perform duties with little direction.
• Ability to read engineering drawings.
• Troubleshoot equipment issues with electrical and instrumentation.
• Any other duties as required by the Supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Journeyperson/Interprovincial Certification in Instrumentation
• Industrial/mining experience a definite asset.
• Ability to communicate effectively and constructively within a team environment. Good verbal and written communication.
• Computer experience required for recordkeeping and documentation.
• Self-directed and self-motivated, demonstrating initiative to do more than is expected or required in the position.
• Commit to safe work practices.
You will be required to participate in a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and medical.
Victoria Gold Corp. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are excited about this opportunity and feel you meet the expectations of the role, please send us your resume with the reference headline “Electrical Apprentice” to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Applicants are encouraged to self-identify (i.e. NND Citizen).