Victoria Gold Corp. (“Victoria”) is a mining company with an Executive team that is experienced in developing and operating mines in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. Victoria’s Eagle Gold Mine poured its first gold in September 2019 and declared commercial production at the end of Q2 2020. Future and current mines, like Eagle Gold, will be a strong contributor to the Yukon and its citizens for many years to come. www.vgcx.com
Victoria is looking to hire the position outlined below for our Eagle Gold Mine located in Yukon:
Under the direction of the E&I Supervisor, the Electrical Apprentice is responsible for maintaining all electrical planned and unplanned repairs to the equipment. To repair the routine, emergency repairs of all fixed maintenance equipment. To maintain, with the highest standard of safety across the mine-site. This position will work on a rotational basis. Responsibilities are noted below which will include but are not limited to:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Safety of self and others.
• Working with a team to conduct job risk assessments and safe work plans ahead of the work being completed and performing work in a safe and well-managed manner.
• Conducting preventative maintenance and servicing of fixed equipment.
• Checking for proper performance and inspecting equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
• Diagnosing, troubleshooting and determining extent of electrical problems.
• Rebuilding/replacing electrical components and working with manufacturers when necessary.
• Documenting and returning all completed work orders in a timely manner.
• Communicating with Supervisors and coworkers to coordinate work and provide updates.
• Provide input and work collaboratively with Planners and Schedulers to develop work packages.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Ability to work within a team environment with demonstrated communication skills, sharing information and seeking input to complete assigned work.
• Demonstrate a willingness to learn new electrical skills.
• Self-directed and self-motivated, demonstrating initiative to do more than is expected or required in the position.
• Experience working at a remote mine-site.
• Proven commitment to safety, health and environmental standards.
• Previous electrical experience would be considered an asset.
You will be required to participate in a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and medical.
Victoria Gold Corp. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are excited about this opportunity and feel you meet the expectations of the role, please send us your resume with the reference headline “Electrical Apprentice” to the following email address: email@example.com
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Applicants are encouraged to self-identify (i.e. NND Citizen).