Are you looking for a rewarding opportunity and a gratifying career? Boart Longyear is currently recruiting drillers/driller’s assistants to join our team. We realize drilling can be a tough and physically demanding position; however, we’re looking for people that are willing to work hard and collect some great paychecks.
- Safety is PARAMOUNT in our business. You must follow all established policies, procedures and best practices as well as the law at all times
- You will be responsible for the general condition and obtaining optimum life out of all site equipment and tools
- Drillers may be responsible for the training of new Driller Assistants in a safe environment.
- Be physically fit for work
- Work under instructions of a driller/drilling field supervisor or division manager. Daily routine work is accomplished with more or less direction depending on the competency level.
- Work safely and follow EHS policies and procedures and conduct local risk control
- Have the ability to apply first aid
- Support the drilling operations: handle rods and drilling tools, collect and handle samples, mix drilling fluids, carry out basic maintenance of tools and equipment, housekeeping, supply count, perform basic measurement and calculations, carry out basic operator maintenance, complete pre- start checks, refuel vehicles and plant
- May be required to operate non-drilling equipment such as light or heavy vehicles, cranes, tele handlers, forklifts, skidders, track-mounted utility vehicles, etc
- Maintain a safe workplace and apply risk management processes for elimination of work-related injuries, damage to equipment and incident-related lost time
- Maintain accurate operating records, including daily drill reports and inventory logs
- Contribute to and establish effective workplace relationships
- Provide training through instruction and demonstration of work skills, coaching and mentoring to other field employees
- Other duties as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid First Aid Certificate
- Sufficient English language skills, literacy and numeracy skills to perform all job-related tasks
- Labour background considered an asset
- 2+ years of directly related experience
- Exposure to different drilling environments and techniques is preferred
- This position requires the successful candidate to meet the Fitness for Duty program standards.
- Common Core an asset (Records need to be submitted)