Victoria Gold Corp. (“Victoria”) is a mining company with an Executive team that is experienced in developing and operating mines in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. Victoria’s Eagle Gold Mine poured its first gold in September 2019 and declared commercial production at the end of Q2 2020. Future and current mines, like Eagle Gold, will be a strong contributor to the Yukon and its citizens for many years to come. www.vgcx.com
Victoria is looking to hire the position outlined below for our Eagle Gold Mine located in Yukon:
RELIABILITY ENGINEER IN TRAINING
Reporting to the Senior Reliability Engineer or his designate, the Reliability EIT will be responsible for collecting and analyzing data to predict and prevent failures through oil analysis, vibration analysis, thermographic analysis, non-destructive testing, and other technologies as required. The Reliability EIT will also actively investigate equipment failure modes to identify the root cause and provide actions for maintenance strategy correction or to Engineering for change management. This position will also drive initiatives to optimize existing processes, practices, and equipment performance to improve cost and meet production goals.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Perform duties safely, and in compliance with at VGC, Territorial and Federal safety guidelines and procedures.
• Learn and utilize Electronic Machine condition monitoring system analysis, oil analysis, non-destructive testing and other technologies as required and record data as per equipment task schedules.
• Produce equipment reliability reports and provide recommendations to maintenance through the work management process.
• Review and provide interpretation and analysis of data and identify potential issues in collaboration with the Senior Reliability Engineer and management team to resolve them in a real-time environment.
• Complete Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on equipment downtime events that meet the RCA criteria developed by maintenance execution and maintenance reliability.
• Take operational accountability for delivering against targets for Safety, Planning, Equipment Availability, and Cost.
• Support critical controls for material risks that are in place and effective and ensure that standards and specifications are adhered to.
• Coordinate maintenance resources to ensure work schedules and plans are fulfilled on time.
• Provide input into long-term planning (5-year plan, etc.)
• Behave in a way that demonstrates support of Victoria Gold’s Vision and Values.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience in Maintenance or Planning, preferably mining.
• Minimum 2 years of experience in maintenance.
• Minimum 1 years Maintenance/reliability experience in the mining industry preferred.
• Technical: At least 2 years’ experience in mobile equipment and industrial maintenance areas.
• Ability to coordinate resources for established practices and systems, support and implement new systems for continuous improvement. • Familiarity with Asset Management a plus.
• Able to speak, comprehend, read, and write English.
• Valid Driver’s License.
Victoria Gold Corp. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are excited about this opportunity and feel you meet the expectations of the role, please send us your resume with the reference headline “Reliability Engineer In Training” to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org