Victoria Gold Corp. (“Victoria”) is a mining company with an Executive team that is experienced in developing and operating mines in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. Victoria’s Eagle Gold Mine poured its first gold in September 2019 and declared commercial production at the end of Q2 2020. Future and current mines, like Eagle Gold, will be a strong contributor to the Yukon and its citizens for many years to come. www.vgcx.com
Victoria is looking to hire the position outlined below for our Eagle Gold Mine located in Yukon:
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN – MILLWRIGHT
Under the direction of the Fixed Supervisor, the Millwright is responsible for maintaining all mechanical planned and unplanned repairs to the equipment. To repair the routine, emergency repairs of all fixed maintenance equipment. To maintain, with the highest standard of safety across the mine-site. This position will work on a rotational basis. Responsibilities are noted below which will include but are not limited to:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Safety of self and others.
• Working with a team to conduct job risk assessments and safe work plans ahead of the work being completed and performing work in a safe and well-managed manner.
• Conducting preventative maintenance and servicing of fixed equipment.
• Checking for proper performance and inspecting equipment to detect faults and malfunctions.
• Diagnosing, troubleshooting and determining extent of mechanical problems.
• Rebuilding components and working with manufacturers when necessary.
• Documenting and returning all completed work orders in a timely manner.
• Communicating with Supervisors and coworkers to coordinate work and provide updates.
• Provide input and work collaboratively with Planners and Schedulers to develop work packages.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Inter-Provincial Trades Certification as a Millwright with 3 to 5 years’ experience in the mining industry repairing and maintaining crushing and fixed equipment.
• Ability to work within a team environment with demonstrated communication skills, sharing information and seeking input to complete assigned work.
• Solid mechanical and hydraulic skills, paired with the ability to read and understand schematics.
• Experience maintaining Gyratory Crusher and Cone Crushers and experience using CMMS would be considered an asset.
• Self-directed and self-motivated, demonstrating initiative to do more than is expected or required in the position. Ability to approach work with a continuous product improvement mindset.
• Experience working at a remote mine-site.
• Proven commitment to safety, health and environmental standards.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
Victoria Gold Corp. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are excited about this opportunity and feel you meet the expectations of the role, please send us your resume with the reference headline “Maintenance Technician- Millwright” to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org