Victoria Gold Corp. (“Victoria”) is a mining company with an Executive team that is experienced in developing and
operating mines in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. Victoria’s Eagle Gold Mine poured its first gold
in September 2019 and declared commercial production at the end of Q2 2020. Future and current mines, like Eagle
Gold, will be a strong contributor to the Yukon and its citizens for many years to come. www.vgcx.com
Victoria is looking to hire the position outlined below for our Eagle Gold Mine located in Yukon:
LIGHT DUTY ANCILLARY MECHANIC
Under the direction of the Mobile Maintenance Supervisor, the Light Duty Mechanic is responsible for maintain and
provide service to various pieces of light vehicle equipment such as but not limited to Ford F350 to F550 trucks, Light
Towers, Various small engines on water pumps, and heaters. Support equipment such as but not limited to 908 to 966
CAT loaders, 326F to 375 CAT excavators, CAT 745 wiggle wagons, D6 and a D8 dozer. Along with some heavy truck fleet including Peterbilt, Kenworth and Western Star trucks and various trailer combinations. The ideal candidate is one who is committed to safe working practices and strives for zero harm. This position will work on a rotational basis of three (3) weeks on and three (3) weeks off. Responsibilities are noted below which will include but are not limited to:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Working with a team to conduct job risk assessments and safe work plans ahead of the work being completed
and performing work in a safe and well-managed manner.
• Conducting preventative maintenance and servicing of light vehicles and equipment.
• Diagnosing and troubleshooting various related faults and mechanical deficiencies of equipment
• Rebuilding components and working with manufacturers when necessary.
• Completion of parts and work request documentation as required.
• Provide input and work collaboratively with Planners and Schedulers to develop work packages.
• Assisting heavy equipment fleet of technicians with general shutdown repairs.
• Coaching and mentoring new apprentice mechanics.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Inter-Provincial Trades Certification as a Light Duty Mechanic preferred with 5 to 10 years experience in the
mining industry repairing and maintaining light vehicles and equipment.
• Ability to work within a team environment with demonstrated communication skills, sharing information and
seeking input to complete assigned work.
• Advanced knowledge and troubleshooting skills of various electrical and engine systems.
• Advanced knowledge of hydraulic systems paired with the ability to read and understand schematics.
• Self-directed and self-motivated, demonstrating initiative to do more than is expected or required in the
position. Ability to approach work with a continuous product improvement mindset.
• Experience working at a remote mine-site.
• Proven commitment to safety, health and environmental standards.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
Victoria Gold Corp. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are excited about this
opportunity and feel you meet the expectations of the role, please send us your resume with the reference headline
“LD Mechanic” to the following email address: email@example.com