Join us for the 2021 Drilling Season in the Yukon
Driller Assistant Duties
• Assist with manual operations, rig set-up and tear down.
• Assist with pulling and adding drill rods.
• Empty inner tube containing core samples and place in core boxes.
• Marking depth of core recovery while ensuring no contaminants.
• Perform general maintenance on equipment as directed.
• Refuel drill and water pumps, run and maintain waterline.
• Keep drill platform clean and organized.
• Work 12-hour shifts, 7 days/week, 3-4 week rotation in remote camp
Experience and Skills Requirements
• Experience as diamond drill assistant or willingness to get trained.
• Mechanical interest/ aptitude.
• Honest and reliable with a positive attitude.
• Physically able to lift 50lbs repeatedly and work for 12 hours outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Willing to take pre-employment drug/alcohol/health screening tests prior to travelling to job sites
Certification Requirements (can assist in obtaining)
• Current and valid Standard First Aid with CPR
• WHMIS 2015 & TDG
• Valid Driver’s license and clean 3-year driver’s abstract
• $24 to $30/hr based on experience plus overtime and bonuses (up to approx. $9000.00 gross/month)
• Free accommodation and meals while working on camp projects
• Training on our drills and opportunities to progress to driller
• Opportunity to enter the Mining & Exploration industry
• Reimbursements for any training/travel costs with successful completion of training and first rotation.
Send resume, with references and proof of certifications to email@example.com.