Given the rise of positive Covid-19 cases in the Yukon, FNNND Council will continue to take a cautionary approach to plan and prepare for the virus.
There are no cases of COVID-19 in the community of Mayo, however the situation could change quickly, and we want to be prepared.
Due to the recent Declaration of State of Emergency in the Yukon:
- Masks are now mandatory at all FNNND facilities, including vehicles.
- No gatherings of more than 10 at any FNNND facility, including the Multi-Purpose Room
- One person plus the driver for all FNNND vehicles during essential travel.
- Additional steps to sanitize at all FNNND facilities, including vehicles will continue.
- Work travel requests will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Wellness staff will continue to check regularly on Elders.
- All staff to follow all rules issued by the CMO.
In the event of a positive COVID-19 case in the community of Mayo:
Step One: The CMO will notify the Chief and the Mayor.
Step Two: The CMO will initiate contact tracing.
Step Three: The Chief & Mayor will meet to discuss any joint emergency planning.
Step Four: Communication briefings will be posted and a NND citizen phone tree will be put into effect.
Step Five: FNNND Pandemic Response Team re-activated. Non-essential staff work at home.
Remember: Be Kind, Be Patient, Be Respectful & Cooperate. Mussi-Cho!