Victoria Gold Corp. (“Victoria”) is a mining company with an Executive team that is experienced in developing and operating mines in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. Victoria’s Eagle Gold Mine poured its first gold in September 2019 and declared commercial production at the end of Q2 2020. Future and current mines, like Eagle Gold, will be a strong contributor to the Yukon and its citizens for many years to come. www.vgcx.com.
Victoria is looking to hire the position outlined below for our Eagle Gold Mine located in Yukon:
Under the direction of the Human Resources Superintendent, the Payroll Clerk will ensure that all employees receive on-time paychecks and understand their salaries thoroughly. The payroll clerk will audit and verify all time keeping records of employees’ hours worked as well as any deductions or withholdings required to comply with territorial and federal law. The payroll clerk will be a professional who is willing to work cross-departmentally with accounting to ensure the entire business runs as smoothly as possible. Responsibilities are noted below which will include but are not limited to:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Ensure compliance with Yukon “Averaging Agreement”.
• Verify timekeeping records and consult employees about any discrepancies.
• Record payroll data in our software system and verify all amounts prior to processing payment.
• Alter employee tax status as needed as well as any information about withholding.
• Prepare EFT for employees when applicable.
• Initiate payroll deposits.
• Change employee banking records when necessary to process payments accurately.
• Record employee complaints, questions and concerns about payroll services and communicate those issues to HR Superintendent.
• Maintain compliant policies and procedures for processing payroll.
• Deliver against agreed upon HR targets and budgets.
Qualifications and Experience:
• High school diploma/ (Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field preferred).
• PCP Certified or working towards.
• Minimum one-year payroll department experience. Payroll experience in the industrial or mining industry will be considered an asset.
• Working knowledge of practices, methods, and procedures in the accounting / payroll field.
• Understanding and working knowledge of the applicable legislation and regulations for payroll within the operating jurisdiction.
• Ability to process basic functions and formulas in Microsoft Excel.
• Strong attention to detail required.
• Ability to work effectively with individuals at all organizational levels.
Victoria Gold Corp. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are excited about this opportunity and feel you meet the expectations of the role, please send us your resume with the reference headline “Payroll Clerk” to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Nation of Na-Cho Nyak Dun
PO Box 220
Phone: (867) 996-2265
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30a.m.– 4:30p.m.
Stay in Touch
Enter your email address or cell phone number to subscribe to the NNDFN mailing list.