Victoria Gold Corp. (“Victoria”) is a mining company with an Executive team that is experienced in developing and operating mines in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. Victoria’s Eagle Gold Mine poured its first gold in September 2019 and declared commercial production at the end of Q2 2020. Future and current mines, like Eagle Gold, will be a strong contributor to the Yukon and its citizens for many years to come. www.vgcx.com.
Victoria is looking to hire the position outlined below for our Eagle Gold Mine located in Yukon:
MOBILE MAINTENANCE GENERAL FOREMAN
Under the direction of the Mine Manager, the Mobile Maintenance General Foreman is responsible for managing the work schedule and activities of four mobile maintenance crews directed by two supervisors, and managing the long term planning, short term planning, contractor management, reliability engineering, condition monitoring, and preventive maintenance processes within Mobile Maintenance. This position will work on a rotational basis. The incumbent will work with the senior Management team to establish the overall maintenance strategy for site. Responsibilities are noted below which will include but are not limited to:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Directs and manages all activities including budgeting, targets, planning, staffing and cost control related to Mobile Maintenance.
• Provide leadership, expertise and direction for all Mobile Maintenance execution activities.
• Manage the maintenance resources according to plans as provided by the Work Management Planning Sub-function, and for any unplanned (breakdown) work requirements.
• Responsible for managing the equipment reliability engineering and embedded condition monitoring sub-functions within Mobile Maintenance.
• Develop and manage the annual departmental budget to support and achieve mine cost goals.
• Ensures that the required manpower and equipment are in place to achieve planned activities, while meeting budgeted costs.
• Investigate and identify options and recommend short and long term projects and approaches to enhance efficiency and cost effectiveness of maintenance operations.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree / Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent practical experience acceptable to the Mine Manager and General Manager
• A minimum of 8 years of experience in Mobile Equipment Maintenance middle management Detailed knowledge of theories and best practices in mobile equipment maintenance
• Detailed knowledge of preventive maintenance, maintenance planning, and Reliability Engineering process and methods
Victoria Gold Corp. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are excited about this opportunity and feel you meet the expectations of the role, please send us your resume with the reference headline “Mobile Maintenance General Foreman” to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Nation of Na-Cho Nyak Dun
PO Box 220
Phone: (867) 996-2265
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30a.m.– 4:30p.m.
Stay in Touch
Enter your email address or cell phone number to subscribe to the NNDFN mailing list.