Victoria Gold Corp. (“Victoria”) is a mining company with an Executive team that is experienced in developing and operating mines in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. Victoria’s Eagle Gold Mine poured its first gold in September 2019 and declared commercial production at the end of Q2 2020. Future and current mines, like Eagle Gold, will be a strong contributor to the Yukon and its citizens for many years to come. www.vgcx.com
Victoria is looking to hire the position outlined below for our Eagle Gold Mine located in Yukon:
Journeyman Warehouse Operator
Under the direction of the Warehouse Supervisor the Journeyman Warehouse Operator will work within a small team to ensure that the needs of all internal customers are met by maintaining inventory and supplies by receiving, storing, and delivering items. This position is site based on a 4×4 rotation. Specific duties and responsibilities are listed below which will include but are not limited to:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
• Handle material requests and issues at the warehouse counter based on established warehouse procedures. This will include knowledge of inventory locations systems and proper information input and handling.
• Assist in the shipping and receiving of materials.
• Assist in the surveillance of the warehouse and outside storage areas in loss prevention.
• Prepares, generates, picks and ships orders.
• Receives shipments and ensures that they are complete and in good order.
• Processes customer and supplier return.
• Applies inventory management practices and maintains accurate inventory records.
• Schedules and arranges transportation of materials using, air or road.
• Calculates transportation costs and prepares transportation documents.
• Maintains material identification records inventory.
• Interacts with internal and external customers.
• Operates computer systems.
• Operates material handling equipment (dollies, hand trucks, pallet jacks, forklifts, cranes, conveyors).
• Handles and stores products in appropriate storage areas.
• Supervise warehouse personnel.
• Participates in business operations and planning.
• Participate in safety programs.
• Design and plan warehouses.
• Design and plan warehouses.
• Compliance with all company policies and procedures including, but not limited to safety, environmental, confidentiality and code of conduct.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Completion of Journeyman Parts/ Warehouse certification
• Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
• Professional experience as a Warehouse Operator
• General understanding of mining, milling and maintenance operations
• Forklift training and experience
• Minimum 2 years related experience in a mining environment
• Strong level of competency in the Microsoft Office suite, especially Microsoft Excel
• Knowledge of applicable Occupational Health and Safety legislation
• Valid first aid certification preferred
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to work within a team environment, to follow direction, to handle conflict, sharing information and
seeking input to complete assigned work
• Ability to work outside in adverse weather conditions
• Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with others
• Good communication skills, with a good command of the English language
• Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada
Victoria Gold Corp. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are excited about this opportunity
and feel you meet the expectations of the role, please send us your resume with the reference headline “Journeyman
Warehouse Operator” to the following email address: email@example.com.
First Nation of Na-Cho Nyak Dun
PO Box 220
Phone: (867) 996-2265
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30a.m.– 4:30p.m.
Stay in Touch
Enter your email address or cell phone number to subscribe to the NNDFN mailing list.