Victoria Gold Corp. (“Victoria”) is a mining company with an Executive team that is experienced in developing and operating mines in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. Victoria’s Eagle Gold Mine poured its first gold in September 2019 and declared commercial production at the end of Q2 2020. Future and current mines, like Eagle Gold, will be a strong contributor to the Yukon and its citizens for many years to come. www.vgcx.com
Victoria is looking to hire the position outlined below for our Eagle Gold Mine located in Yukon:
HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR
Under the direction of the Human Resources Superintendent, the HR Coordinator is responsible for a full range of human resources support and assistance to the HR Superintendent and management team, ensuring the human resources administrative needs of the Company are provided in the most efficient and effective means. The incumbent is also responsible for assisting in managing human resource policies, programs and procedures for Victoria Gold Corp as they impact the Eagle Gold Mine, in addition with assisting in the day-to-day human resources’ operations of the mine-site. This position will be based at the mine-site working on a rotational basis. Responsibilities are noted below which will include but are not limited to:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Must be a human resources generalist with knowledge of standard recruiting practices, legislation respecting WCB workers’ rights, Employment Standards for the Yukon Territory and the Mine Health & Safety Act.
• Assist with the development and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure consistent approaches to work/management practices that meet business requirements which are consistent with best practices and relevant legislation (employment, benefits, compensation, training and development, employee relations).
• Assist department heads with recruiting.
• Advise and assist employees on interpretation and administration of personnel policies and procedures.
• Establish communication processes to develop employee relations and communicate in a timely manner, corporate and site relevant information and drive team building activities on-site.
• Assist in developing and maintaining monthly statistical reports (e.g. new hires, transfers, terminations, absenteeism, manhours, etc.).
• Maintain employee records and files according to established labour practices and standards.
• Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with others.
• Any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree in Business Administration with Certificate courses in Human Resources or a number of years of relevant work experience in Human Resources combined with education will be accepted. A CPHR designation would be an asset.
• Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in Human Resources
• Ability to work within a team environment with an attitude to do more.
Victoria Gold Corp. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are excited about this opportunity and feel you meet the expectations of the role, please send us your resume with the reference headline “Human Resources Coordinator” to the following email address: email@example.com
First Nation of Na-Cho Nyak Dun
PO Box 220
Phone: (867) 996-2265
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30a.m.– 4:30p.m.
Stay in Touch
Enter your email address or cell phone number to subscribe to the NNDFN mailing list.