Victoria Gold Corp. (“Victoria”) is a mining company with an Executive team that is experienced in developing and operating mines in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. Victoria’s Eagle Gold Mine poured its first gold in September 2019 and declared commercial production at the end of Q2 2020. Future and current mines, like Eagle Gold, will be a strong contributor to the Yukon and its citizens for many years to come. www.vgcx.com.
Victoria is looking to hire the position outlined below for our Eagle Gold Mine located in Yukon:
ELECTRICAL & INSTRUMENTATION GENERAL FOREMAN
Under the direction of the Maintenance Superintendent, the Electrical & Instrumentation General Foreman is responsible for the effective management and execution of preventive, corrective, and emergency site wide Electrical & Instrumentation maintenance and engineering; and to ensure goals and KPI’s for HS&S, Production, Maintenance, Quality and Cost are achieved for the overall Eagle Mine area and for Electrical & Instrumentation Maintenance. This position will work on a rotational basis. The incumbent will work with the senior Management team to establish the overall maintenance strategy for site. Responsibilities are noted below which will include but are not limited to:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Oversee development and execution of long-term and short-term maintenance equipment plans and schedules – to optimize production, improve equipment availability and decrease downtime.
• Ensure the implementation and execution of down day planning, review, management and control, and postmortem activities.
• Manage and control spare parts inventory dollars; inventory levels; critical spares; parts purchasing, etc.
• Negotiate and manage vendor and/or contractor services and contracts (as required).
• Coordinate, review and approve the creation and/or revision of safe work practices, work orders, bills of material, etc. as necessary.
• Ensure that the required manpower and equipment are in place to achieve planned activities, while meeting budgeted costs.
• Allocate resources and define work plans to ensure activities and requirements are achieved as planned.
• Establish maintenance targets to ensure processing throughput matches the mining plan / budget and correct or address issues as they arise.
• Set clear expectations and work objectives which achieve business plans, department and production targets.
• Spend appropriate time in the field and ensures that critical systems, processes, procedures, controls, methods, risks, etc. are being correctly and uniformly applied and properly managed and used by all teams and personnel.
• Provide expertise, leadership and guidance to internal and external departments (as required).
• Produce daily, weekly and monthly maintenance reports that monitor progress vs. business objectives and budget.
• Direct and implement maintenance programs and operations to maximize maintenance efficiency and resources.
• Manage and ensure all employees and contractors are working in compliance with safety guidelines and procedures.
• Investigate and identify options and recommend short and long term projects and approaches to enhance efficiency and cost effectiveness of fixed maintenance operations.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree / Diploma in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience acceptable to the Maintenance Manager and General Manager
• Minimum of five years of experience at a Supervisor or management level (electrical), with hands-on experience in the Electrical and Instrumentation fields in an industrial environment.
• Technical background and familiarity with equipment
• Problem solving and Root Cause Analysis capabilities
• Intermediate computer skills; Microsoft Office, Outlook and Pronto
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Able to speak, comprehend, read, and write English.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Valid Yukon Supervisor’s Certification within 6 months of employment.
Victoria Gold Corp. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are excited about this opportunity and feel you meet the expectations of the role, please send us your resume with the reference headline “E&I General Foreman” to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Nation of Na-Cho Nyak Dun
PO Box 220
Phone: (867) 996-2265
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30a.m.– 4:30p.m.
Stay in Touch
Enter your email address or cell phone number to subscribe to the NNDFN mailing list.