Victoria Gold Corp. (“Victoria”) is a mining company with an Executive team that is experienced in developing and operating mines in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. Victoria’s Eagle Gold Mine poured its first gold in September 2019 and declared commercial production at the end of Q2 2020. Future and current mines, like Eagle Gold, will be a strong contributor to the Yukon and its citizens for many years to come. www.vgcx.com.
Victoria is looking to hire the position outlined below for our Eagle Gold Mine located in Yukon:
DRILL AND BLAST SUPERVISOR
Under the direction of the Mine Operations General Foreman, the Drill and Blast Supervisor is responsible for planning and organizing all blasting and drilling activities in an open pit environment. To supervise the drilling, loading and blasting of all blast patterns. To supervise, coordinate, lead and monitor all activities with the highest standard of safety across the mine-site. Responsibilities are noted below which will include but are not limited to:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Zero environmental non-compliances, accidents and incidents.
• Provide leadership to the drill and blast team.
• Supervise, coordinate and monitor all drilling and blasting activities.
• Coordinate activities for the blasting team; provide training as needed.
• Coordinate the availability of drill consumables and blasting accessories.
• Identify and balance resource demands for work group; approve time cards.
• Communicate performance expectations to crew members and address any performance issues that can be improved.
• Ensure employees are in compliance with all Company policies/procedures and safety regulations.
• Safety: conduct weekly tool box meetings; perform shop inspections at the beginning of each shift.
• Organize work assignments with on-shift supervisors.
Qualifications and Experience:
• Valid Yukon First Line Supervisors Certificate or be able to obtain
• Valid Yukon Blaster’s Certificate or able to obtain
• Excellent oral and written communications skills with internal and external contacts.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite and manufacturing systems.
• Strong background with I-KON blasting system
• Attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to work within a team environment with demonstrated leadership qualities.
• Self-directed and self-motivated, demonstrating initiative to do more than is expected or required in the position.
• Commit to safe work practices.
Victoria Gold Corp. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are excited about this opportunity and feel you meet the expectations of the role, please send us your resume with the reference headline “Drill & Blast Supervisor” to the following email address: email@example.com.
First Nation of Na-Cho Nyak Dun
PO Box 220
Phone: (867) 996-2265
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30a.m.– 4:30p.m.
Stay in Touch
Enter your email address and cell phone number to subscribe to the NNDFN mailing list.