Victoria Gold Corp. (“Victoria”) is a mining company with an Executive team that is experienced in developing and operating mines in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. Victoria’s Eagle Gold Mine poured its first gold in September 2019 and declared commercial production at the end of Q2 2020. Future and current mines, like Eagle Gold, will be a strong contributor to the Yukon and its citizens for many years to come. www.vgcx.com
Victoria is looking to hire the position outlined below for our Eagle Gold Mine located in Yukon:
Under the direction of the supply chain manager, the contract coordinator will work closely with each department’s requisitioners and the finance group to achieve a strong level of control and organization surrounding all service orders. The ideal candidate is one who is committed to safe working practices and strives for zero harm. This is a site-based position. Responsibilities are noted below which will include but are not limited to:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Analyze documents and transactions to discover potential risks to VGCX.
• Analyze contracts, service orders and invoices with the aim of reducing costs, while ensuring compliance with all applicable laws, and achieving the company’s goals.
• Assist procurement in in creating purchase order numbers for all vendors while coordinating payments through VGCX’s finance team
• Maintain an understanding of each agreement’s scope in order to track progress and milestone achievement and hold the service providers accountable (includes material shipping’s, payments etc…)
• Maintain document control and organization over all appropriate support; including change orders, budgets, payments and contract change status
• Review service invoice submissions for compliance with order terms and audit them against supporting documentation (LEM’s, timesheets, material packing slips etc…) and track them against department budgets
• Assist the finance group with the operation of the invoice workflow software including service invoice coding, review and distribution.
• Evaluate service providers performance of vendors and severing contracts of those who draft requisitions
• Inspect, read, edit and verify documents and assess data
• Allocate final and warranty inspections of completed projects
• Discuss approval process and confidentially agreements
• Meet deadlines and provide inter and intradepartmental coordination
• Ad hoc administrative support
• Change management in the form of reviewing and updating existing agreements where necessary
• Assist in language standards for existing and new contracts
Qualifications and Experience:
• Minimum grade 12 or equivalent required (preference given to a bachelor’s degree with administrative qualities)
• 3 + years of experience managing industrial contracts (mining operations is considered an asset)
• 2 + years working within an ERP system (Pronto Xi experience is considered an asset)
• Ability to work within a team environment with demonstrated communication skills and willingness to share information
• Self-directed and self-motivated, demonstrating initiative to do more than is expected or required in the position.
• Ability to work under pressure
• Strong level of competency in the Microsoft Office suite, especially Microsoft Excel
• Good communication skills with a good command of the English language.
• A strong attention to detail and proven track record of identifying errors
• Strong analytical skills
• Efficient and organized
Victoria Gold Corp. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are excited about this opportunity and feel you meet the expectations of the role, please send us your resume with the reference headline “Administrative Assistant” to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
First Nation of Na-Cho Nyak Dun
PO Box 220
Phone: (867) 996-2265
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30a.m.– 4:30p.m.
Stay in Touch
Enter your email address or cell phone number to subscribe to the NNDFN mailing list.