Victoria Gold Corp. (“Victoria”) is a mining company with an Executive team that is experienced in developing and operating mines in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. Victoria’s Eagle Gold Mine poured its first gold in September 2019 and declared commercial production at the end of Q2 2020. Future and current mines, like Eagle Gold, will be a strong contributor to the Yukon and its citizens for many years to come. www.vgcx.com
Victoria is looking to hire the position outlined below for our Eagle Gold Mine located in Yukon:
Under the direction of the Process Manager, the Chief Metallurgist is responsible for overseeing the metallurgical operations of the heap leach Process Plant and Assay Laboratory. This role will be responsible to develop, maintain, and continuously improve upon operations within the Process Plant, including the CIC circuit and refining areas. This position will supervise the on-site analytical lab to ensure prompt turnaround and accurate results.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Zero environmental non-compliances, accidents, and incidents.
• Supervise a team of technical staff by prioritizing workload to maximize operational efficiency.
• Create and review SOP’s with an emphasis on environmental, health, and safety.
• Assist Process Manager with the implementation of change management initiatives and other business improvement projects.
• Develop and monitor key metal accounting parameters.
• Develop continuous improvement targets for function and drive; measuring the achievement of these targets.
• Manage on-site Assay Lab operations to ensure grade control program is maintained.
• Ensure accurate and timely reporting of production activities.
• Stay current with mining laws and safety regulations ensuring that direct reports are in compliance with established guidelines.
• Other responsibilities and functions as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
• B.Sc. or equivalent in Metallurgy, Mineral Processing, or related field.
• 10 years of metallurgical experience in base and/or precious metals processing is required.
• 6 years of experience successfully leading a team that includes supervisory responsibility.
• Two (2) or more years evaluating and operating Process Plant operations including CIC, gold stripping, carbon reactivation, refining.
• Excellent communication skills, oral and written, in English.
• Detailed knowledge of comminution, carbon handling, refining, and cyanide destruction operations.
• Detailed knowledge of analytical and metallurgical laboratory operations.
• Competent in the use of metallurgical accounting databases; good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet applications.
• Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally, as required by the project.
• Self-directed and self-motivated, demonstrating initiative to do more than is expected or required in the position.
Victoria Gold Corp offers a competitive salary and great benefits. If you are excited about this opportunity and feel you meet the expectations of the role, please send us your resume with the reference headline “Chief Metallurgist” to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
First Nation of Na-Cho Nyak Dun
PO Box 220
Phone: (867) 996-2265
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30a.m.– 4:30p.m.
Stay in Touch
Enter your email address or cell phone number to subscribe to the NNDFN mailing list.