Alexco Resource Corp. owns the majority of the historic high-grade Keno Hill Silver District located in Canada’s Yukon Territory. With nearly 1,000 meters of underground development completed at our two new deposits and a robust Pre-Feasibility Study released, Alexco is advancing the district towards a production decision with the production in Q4 2020. This is a great opportunity to be part of the team that is building one of the highest-grade silver operations in the world. We are looking for an individual to join our growing team. The Underground Mine Surveyor will report to the Chief Mine Engineer. The candidate has broad responsibilities, problem-solving skills, along with technical experience, in maintaining safety protocols and implementing site procedures. Our ideal candidate is responsible, and team-focused.
• Update all digital drawing files upon completion of surveys
• Mark the location of new works, and set up reference points as benchmarks;
• Plot survey results, prepare detailed drawings, charts, plans and write survey notes and reports;
• Perform month-end survey, including month-end reports and prints;
• Analyze and edit spatial data to verify the accuracy of data for quality assurance;
• Inspect, adjust, test and monitor the performance of survey equipment and other systems;
• Work closely with Geologists and Mining Engineers to ensure that data is accurately collected, presented and used;
• Plan and conduct fieldwork to assist with company programs;
• Compile data from various sources to generate maps;
• Prepare topographic maps, aerial photo mosaics, and other land survey products;
• Analyze and conduct quality assurance on surveys;
• Perform weekly ventilation surveys and update the associated ventilation layouts;
• Follow safe working practices and site safety guidelines;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Post-secondary diploma in geomatics or land survey technology or a combination of high school
and experience as a member of the survey party underground;
• Minimum 5 years’ previous underground survey experience;
• Proficiency with Deswik and other digital Land Survey, graphic workstations, plotters,
• Ability to work independently;
• Accuracy and attention to detail;
• Excellent proven team player approach to work;
• Valid driver’s license.
REWARDS & CULTURE
Alexco Resource offers a competitive remuneration package. We offer a supportive culture that prides itself on teamwork, professionalism and safety. Apply today.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org preferably as a Microsoft Word document. Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls, please.
First Nation of Na-Cho Nyak Dun
PO Box 220
Phone: (867) 996-2265
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30a.m.– 4:30p.m.
Stay in Touch
Enter your email address or cell phone number to subscribe to the NNDFN mailing list.