Alexco Resource Corp. owns the majority of the historic high-grade Keno Hill Silver District located in Canada’s Yukon Territory. With nearly 1,000 meters of underground development completed at our two new deposits and a robust Pre-Feasibility Study released, Alexco is advancing the district towards a production decision with the goal of production in Q4 2020. This is a great opportunity to be part of the team that is building one of the highest-grade silver operations in the world.
We are looking for an individual that can perform site support our the Alexco Keno Hill mine site, which may require working in unfavorable weather conditions. This role will require occasional long and irregular hours in physically demanding activities (climbing, bending, reaching, lifting) in adverse outdoor environments. You will have the ability to lift and carry tools and equipment, weighing up to 50 pounds. Regular travel by vehicle, bus, and/or air transportation to work onsite at the mine; where employee may be exposed to loud noise, dust, inclement weather, and other conditions related to underground mining.
RESPONSIBILITIES • Ensure that all work is performed in a manner that conforms to all site safety policies and procedures, recognizing personnel who consistently meet or exceed expectations; • Follow procedures and provide support input the site maintenance and operations procedures and systems; • Assist in the site roads, fuel transfers, hauling equipment and freight; • Support the site services team for improvement in incident prevention, environmental performance and quality within the department.
• Ability to follow all policies and procedures;
• Knowledge of basic skills;
• Must be able to run loaders, dozer, graders, highway tractors including vac-trucks, gravel trucks, excavators;
• Must have a valid Class #1 or #3 license with air brake endorsement;
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others;
• Ability to work independently as well as with teams;
• High school/GED or equivalent;
• Experience working in a remote mine camp;
• Experience with a mill/underground mining operation.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, to email@example.com preferably as a Microsoft Word document. Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No calls please.
First Nation of Na-Cho Nyak Dun
PO Box 220
Phone: (867) 996-2265
Hours: Monday to Friday, 8:30a.m.– 4:30p.m.
Stay in Touch
Enter your email address or cell phone number to subscribe to the NNDFN mailing list.