Alexco Resource Corp. owns the majority of the historic high-grade Keno Hill Silver District located in Canada’s Yukon Territory. With nearly 1,000 meters of underground development completed at our two new deposits and a robust Pre-Feasibility Study released, Alexco is advancing the district towards a production decision with the goal of production in Q4 2020. This is a great opportunity to be part of the team that is building one of the highest-grade silver operations in the world.
We are looking for an individual that can perform manual labor associated with water treatment operation and maintenance throughout the Alexco Keno Hill mine site, which may require working in unfavorable weather conditions. This role will require occasional long and irregular hours in
physically demanding activities (climbing, bending, reaching, lifting) in adverse outdoor environments. You will have the ability to lift and carry tools and equipment, weighing up to 50 pounds. You will regularly travel by vehicle, bus, and/or air transportation to work onsite at the mine. Employees may be exposed to loud noise, dust, inclement weather, and other conditions related to underground mining. This role is on a 14 days-on/14 days-off rotation.
• Be able to operate and run frame plate filter presses
• Diagnose basic pumping problems within the system;
• Operate pumps, excavators and loaders;
• Safely isolate machinery and pipelines;
• Collect data from the field and enter it into databases;
• Complete daily compliance inspections and report faults to the supervisor
• Working proactively and efficiently in a team environment
• Ability to follow all policies and procedures;
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others;
• Ability to work independently as well as with teams;
• Possess or received a provisional certification in water or wastewater treatment;
• Two (2) years of water/wastewater treatment experience with mill/underground mining
REWARDS & CULTURE
Alexco Resource offers a competitive remuneration package. We offer a supportive culture that prides itself on teamwork, professionalism, and safety.
Please apply directly by submitting your resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org preferably as a Microsoft
Word document. Please note, that due to the number of applications we receive, only those selected
for an interview will be contacted. No calls, please.