|Position Title:||Water Plant Operator|
|Salary Range:||Level 7 – $32.68 to $38.93 per hour|
|Status:||Full Time – Indeterminate (75 hours bi-weekly)|
|Posting Date:||November 15, 2021|
|Closing Date:||November 29, 2021 – 5:00 p.m.|
Reporting to the Director Capital & Infrastructure, the Water Plant Operator will operate, repair and execute the maintenance on FNNND’s water treatment and water distribution systems, including water plant, bulk truck fill stations and water delivery equipment. The position will also supervise Water Truck Driver and the Back-up Plant Operator/Truck Driver.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent as well as experience working in an Environmental Operators Certificate Program (EOCP) environment, with valid EOCP certification(s).
- Knowledge of modern water treatment principles, practices, methods and procedures
- Knowledge of materials and equipment used in water treatment operations, maintenance, and repair activities
- Knowledge of methods and precautions in storing and handling a variety of chemicals
- Supervisory and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills (literacy and numeracy)
- Reliability and good judgement
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Computer skills (MS Office and system software)
Conditions of Employment
- Compliance with NND Oath of Confidentiality, Code of Conduct and other Policies as required
- Valid Bulk Water, Water Plant Operator, and safety certifications
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and Abstract (Class 3 with Air preferred)
- Willingness to be on-call and work overtime hours as required
- Willing, able and prepared to work outside in all weather conditions
- Criminal Records Check
To apply for this position please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the closing date.
*Preference will be given to qualified First Nation of Na-Cho Nyäk Dun Citizens.
Candidates who do not possess all the required qualifications and who are willing and able to undertake the required training, MAY be considered for appointment on an underfill basis.