|Position Title:||Student Advocate|
|Salary Range:||Level 5 – $27.01 to $32.19 per hour|
|Status:||Permanent – Full Time (75 hours bi-weekly)|
|Posting Date||October 29, 2021|
|Closing Date:||November 15, 2021|
Reporting to the Manager of Education, the Student Advocate at JV Clark School will be the communications link between the school, the community, principal, parents, teachers, students and First Nation Council; will promote cultural growth for First Nation Students from K-4 to Grade 12, which will assist them in their academic success within the school setting and support them to remain in school. The Student Advocate, JV Clark School may be required to work irregular hours
Education & Experience:
- Grade 12 with a successful completion of course work or a diploma or degree in the area of education, youth or family services. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience working within a FN environment either paid or volunteer will be considered
- Facilitation and problem-solving experience and or experience working with First Nation youth children and youth with social/emotional difficulties would be an asset
- Experience and ability to work both as part of a team and independently. Good knowledge of the traditions of the Yukon and Na-Cho Nyak Dun citizens.
Skills and Abilities
- Computer skills (i.e. MS office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Case management skills
- Good coordination, organizational and time management skills;
- Ability to keep confidential records and files, and to provide reports as requested to the supervisor
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to establish good working relationships with students, teachers, principal, Elders, and parents
- Good knowledge of FNNND Northern Tutchone culture and traditions
- Ability to actively participate and assist with school events/ activities as directed by the supervisor
- Ability to act as a positive role model for students in the community
Conditions of Employment:
- Tact, diplomacy and discretion required while dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Valid Class 5 Yukon Driver’s Licence with clear abstract preferred
- Criminal Record/Vulnerable Sector Check
For more information, please contact Lauren Baranik at email@example.com
Please submit your application prior to the closing date to reception or to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone contact (867) 996-2265 Ext. #137
*Preference will be given to First Nation of Na-Cho Nyäk Dun Citizens.
Individuals who do not possess all of the required qualifications may be considered for appointment on an underfill basis.