Position – Education Manager
Department: Education Department
Posting Date: September 25, 2020
Standard Hours Bi-weekly: 75 hours
Salary: Level 8, ($36.28 – $44.01), based on experience
Closing Date: October 8, 2020
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Manager is responsible for the development and delivery of NND Education Programs offered in the Community and to ensure delivery of other education programs for which NND has agreements to deliver. This position supervises staff in various locations including coordinating the activities of the Student Advocate at the school and the Daycare staff as well as regular Education Department staff. The Manager is responsible for proposal development which encourages additional educational and training opportunity for Na Cho Nyak Dun citizens.
The job description may change from time-to-time, due to restructuring or otherwise.
• Knowledge of early childhood, K-12, adult and special Education Programs
• NND First Nation social structure, traditions and cultural values and education affecting First Nation’s people
• Knowledge of and ability to lead, direct and manage programs and policy development and delivery is important.
• Good general management and supervisory skills are essential, as are strong interpersonal skills for problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation.
• Knowledge of the Yukon Government Daycare Policy and Regulations
• Knowledge of computer programs, word, excel, email, power point
• Knowledge of education priorities of the FNNND and Yukon First Nations.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
• RCMP Security Clearance;
• Valid Class 5 Yukon Driver’s License and Abstract;
For more information, or a copy of the Job Description and/or to submit your cover letter/resume and or application, contact:
Millie Olsen, Human Resources
Phone: (867) 996-2265, Ext 203 Email: email@example.com
Mail: First Nation of Nacho Nyak Dun, PO Box 120, Mayo Yukon Y0B 1M0
Location: 101 Future Rd, C-6 Subdivision
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.