|Position Title:||Cook – Community Nutrition Program|
|Salary Range:||Level 4 – $24.77 to $29.49 per hour|
|Status:||Permanent – Full Time (75 hours bi-weekly)|
|Closing Date:||October 8, 2021|
Reporting to the Manager of Education, the Cook – Community Nutrition Program is responsible for the safe handling, preparation and delivery of nutritious hot meals and snacks to First Nations students at JVC School during the academic school year, for the Daycare year-round and for assisting with the coordination and delivery of the Burger Shack program for Youth.
Menus will be developed in accordance with the Aboriginal Food guide, community and education-based requirements and are to include traditional and non-traditional foods. Special dietary needs must be provided for. Cooking for school and other community events may be required.
Education & Experience:
- Valid Food Safe Certification or willingness to obtain
- Experience cooking for large groups of people, ideally in a community or commercial setting.
- Culinary Certificate would be an asset.
- Ability to take initiative and work as a part of a team.
- Ability to plan and prepare healthy and nutritious meals for large numbers of people
- Knowledge of safe food handling and preparation
- Knowledge of commercial kitchen practices
- Ability to work effectively with teachers, citizens and community members.
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to follow direction
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Records/Vulnerable Sector Security Clearance
- Food Safe Level 1, or willingness to obtain at first available opportunity
- WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) and TDG (Transportation of Dangerous Goods) or willingness to obtain at first available opportunity.
- Valid Standard First Aid with CPR or willingness to obtain at first available opportunity
- Valid Driver’s license and reliable transportation for shopping and getting to and from work
- Must be willing to wear PPE (personal protective equipment) as dire
For more information please contact Lauren Baranik at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application prior to the closing date to the reception or to Human Resources at email@example.com, telephone contact (867) 996-2265 Ext. #137
*Preference will be given to First Nation of Na-Cho Nyäk Dun Citizens
Individuals who do not possess all of the required qualifications may be considered for appointment on an underfill basis.