|Position Title:||ASSOCIATE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR|
|Salary Range:||Level 10 – $110,000 to $156,000 per annum (salary under review – depending on experience)|
|Status:||Full Time Indeterminate (min 3-year commitment preferred)|
|Posting Date||November 19, 2021|
|Closing Date:||December 3, 2021 or until filled|
The Associate Executive Director reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the day-to-day functioning and operations of the FNNND government, including FNNND administration and programs to reflect the priorities of the NND government.
Education & Experience:
- Demonstrated track record of successful change management in an organization with 20 or more employees
- demonstrated initiative and leadership skills in other environments combined with a willingness to undertake training and education in support of the role of Associate Executive Director
- Post-Secondary degree, diploma or coursework in Public Administration, First Nations Leadership or other relevant area of study is desirable.
- Good knowledge of or demonstrates ability to quickly acquire knowledge and understanding of FNNND culture and history, the FNNND Self-Government Act, the Final Agreement, and the Constitution
- Experience with public administration practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of and able to work with computer software programs and systems
- Knowledge of contracting specification, terms and conditions, and progress payment procedures
- Strong decision-making, problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to work effectively as the leader of the management team in establishing and maintaining professional working relationships with staff, citizens and the general public
- Ability to provide strong leadership skills, motivating and empowering people
- Ability to work in a developing, culturally-unique government setting
- Ability to organize, coordinate, and effectively manage a number of multi-disciplined programs and services through the development of, mentoring or, and empowerment of employees.
Conditions of Employment:
- Criminal Records Check/Security Clearance
- Valid Class 5 Yukon Driver’s License and Abstract
- Flexibility to work extra hours to meet the demands of the position
For more information or to submit your application please contact
Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone contact (867) 996-2265 Ext. #137
*Preference will be given to qualified First Nation of Na-Cho Nyäk Dun Citizens
Candidates who do not possess all the required qualifications and who are willing and able to undertake the required training, MAY be considered for appointment on an underfill basis.