Crooked Creek Bridge Replacement Project Near Stewart Crossing
Surespan will be on-site between August and September 2021, and back again from March until October 2022. Camp accommodation will be provided.
In 2021, we are looking to hire:
• SITE SAFETY OFFICER – Construction Safety Officer or NSCO designation. Current Level 3 First Aid. Applicants must have experience in a Safety Position within the construction industry.
• PROJECT COORDINATOR – Applicants must have road/bridge construction experience. Diploma, or BSc Degree in Engineering or Construction Coordination an asset.
• HEAVY EQUIPMENT OPERATORS – Including Excavators, Dozers, Graders, Rock Trucks, and Packers. Applicants must have 5 years of experience operating heavy equipment. Please highlight the road-building experience.
• CLASS 1 DRIVERS – Drivers must have Belly Dump and End Dump Experience with a clean driving record.
• CONSTRUCTION LABOURERS – Previous experience is an asset but not required. Applicants must be physically fit, able to lift up to 70lbs and comfortable working outside in all weather conditions.
• CAMP COOK – Previous experience working in a remote camp setting, cooking for a crew of 50+, able to direct helpers. Must be able to menu plan and organize grocery/ supply ordering.
• CAMP CLEANER – Previous experience in a camp is not required but individuals must be comfortable with a camp setting. Successful applicants will be both self-motivated and able to work on a team.
Details about next year’s opportunities will be provided in early March 2022. In addition to the positions mentioned above, we may also be looking for Carpenters, Labourers, and Ironworkers.