Victoria Gold Corp. (“Victoria”) is a mining company with an Executive team that is experienced in developing and operating mines in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. Victoria’s Eagle Gold Mine poured its first gold in September 2019 and declared commercial production at the end of Q2 2020. Future and current mines, like Eagle Gold, will be a strong contributor to the Yukon and its citizens for many years to come. www.vgcx.com
Victoria is looking to hire the position outlined below for our Eagle Gold Mine located in Yukon:
IT DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Under the direction of the IT Manager, the IT Desktop Technician will work in close collaboration with his/her team members as well as members of other departments. The incumbent is primarily responsible for the first line (Level 1) support of the Eagle gold mine, as well as following technical instructions from Level 2 (IT Network/Server Analysts). The IT Desktop Support Technician ensures goals and objectives are attained, while promoting and respecting Victoria Gold Corp company culture, health and safety code of conduct and the environment. This position will work on a rotational basis of three weeks on and three weeks off. Responsibilities are noted below which will include but are not limited to:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, and electronically.
• Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
• Research questions using available resources advising users on appropriate action; provide adequate training to users.
• Follow standard help desk procedures; log interactions and administer help desk software.
• Identify and escalate situations to IT Team if technically complex or if it requires urgent attention.
• Create and maintain user accounts; provide assistance and backup for server administration.
• Maintain security of systems.
• Motivated and enthusiastic
Qualifications and Experience:
• College degree in Information Technology or 5 to 7 years of experience in IT Customer Support.
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory/0365.
• Excellent knowledge of Xerox and HP printers; strong knowledge of VHF radio communications.
• Knowledgeable of core switching/routing. VLAN, VPNs, DNS, DHCP, SQL configuration.
• Strong knowledge of PC hardware and software.
• Computer imaging and software packaging • Configure Avaya IP phones and mailboxes;
• Familiarity with IT delivery technologies – Fiber, WiFi, Mesh
• Knowledge of satellite communication; knowledge of ERP System is considered a valuable asset.
• Experience working in a multicultural environment.
• Class 5 driver’s license.
Victoria Gold Corp. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are excited about this opportunity and feel you meet the expectations of the role, please send us your resume with the reference headline “IT Desktop Support Technician” to the following email address: email@example.com