Banyan Gold Corp. (“Banyan”) is a TSX Venture mining company focused on advancing its AurMac Gold Project, near Mayo, Yukon adjacent to Victoria Gold’s Eagle Gold Mine. To learn more about Banyan, visit www.banyangold.com.
Banyan is looking to hire Camp Cooks/and/or Assistant Cook/Cleaner and First-Aid Attendant at our AurMac Gold property located in Mayo, YT to join our team for the 2021 mineral exploration season. Camp Cook and First-Aid Attendant to work for 3-week cross shifts in relief full-time by cooking for up to 30 people and well as for our second camp.
This position will be field-based and is anticipated to begin on August 15 (and variable) and the season will run until approximately early December 2021.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of our dynamic team focused on discovery with an extensive exploration portfolio and a track record of discovery.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare meals for up to 15-35 people or assist with cooking and cleaning
- Order and manage food inventory, grocery orders, supplies and equipment
- Plan menus, determine size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies
- Manage kitchen operations and maintain a clean and safe working environment
- Adhere to all workplace safety and food safety/sanitation regulations
- Fulfill First Aid Attendant responsibilities for the camp
- Ensure First Aid supplies remain in stock
- Administrative paperwork
- Additional duties may be assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3-5 years experience cooking in a work camp environment
- First Aid Level 3 (OFA 3) certification or EMR Certificate (required)
- Food Safe, Food Handler or equivalent (preferred)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work as a team player
Salary: Based on experience
Camp Based: Transportation, Room and Board provided at no cost.
How to Apply:
Please submit your resume with the reference headline “Exploration Camp Cook/First Aid (OFA 3)” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.