Victoria Gold Corp. (“Victoria”) is a mining company with an Executive team that is experienced in developing and operating mines in an environmentally and socially responsible manner. Victoria’s Eagle Gold Mine poured its first gold in September 2019 and declared commercial production at the end of Q2 2020. Future and current mines, like Eagle Gold, will be a strong contributor to the Yukon and its citizens for many years to come. www.vgcx.com
Victoria is looking to hire the position(s) outlined below for our Eagle Gold Mine located in Yukon:
Mine Engineer-In-Training (EIT)
Under the direction of the Senior Mine Engineer the EIT will participate in the Engineer-In-Training program. The position will involve assignments in a variety of Mining departments with rotation to include: Ore Control, Drill/Blast, Geotechnical Projects, Mine Operations, Short Range and Long-Range Planning. This role will support the Technical Services Department in various design and planning activities to ensure service and operating standards are met and aligned to the organization’s long-term goals. The role contributes to continuous business improvement through identifying and developing initiatives that add value to the business. This position will work a rotational basis, three weeks on-site with three weeks of leave (3×3). Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Maintain day to day production tracking of main key performance indicators and ensure production requirements are met as per budget in compliance with safety and engineering standards.
• Maintain constant communication with geology grade control team to ensure ore delineation is completed in a timely fashion.
• Engage in improvement efforts to achieve budgets, production, operating and cost-efficiencies.
• Provide and validate inputs to daily, weekly, and monthly reports.
• Assist in developing and implementing the company policies and procedures related to Mine Engineering
Qualifications and Experience:
• Registration as an EIT with a Professional Engineering Association
• Strong commitment to safe work practices
• Knowledge of mining processes
• A minimum of 0-2 years of related experience is preferred
• A B.Sc in Mining Engineering or related Engineering
Victoria Gold Corp. offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you are excited about this opportunity and feel you meet the expectations of the role, please send us your resume with the reference headline “Mine Technician/EIT” to the following email address: email@example.com