Na-Cho Nyäk Dun Development Corporation (NNDDC) was established in 1996 under the Business Corporations Act S.Y. (1996). The purpose and mandate of the NNDDC is to develop economic and employment opportunities for the First Nation of Na-Cho Nyäk Dun and its citizens. The Development Corporation is governed by Yukon Statue and its shareholder the Business Trust. The Board of Directors must act in accordance with appropriate legislation and their actions, authority and liability are limited by that legislation.
The Board of Directors governs the development corporation and the Chief Executive Officer, while the Shareholder elects the Board of Directors (BOD). The Shareholder exercises its power through unanimous shareholder agreement, and in accordance to the constitution of NND, the BOD has a fiduciary responsibility to the shareholder and the NNDDC to act in the best interest of the corporation. The BOD is obligated to have at least one shareholder meeting per year.
The primary mandate of NND Development Corporation, as the business arm of the Na-Cho Nyäk Dun First Nation, is to maximize economic interests for the First Nations. This will be achieved through investment and development in three core industrial sectors:
- Mining/Reclamation – utilizes and maximizes existing resources effectively through partnering with renown environmental corporations, while developing skills and capacity within the community
- Heavy Construction, road and site preparation
- Real Estate – land development and property management within which the NNDDC has a proven track record of cash flow and equity preservation.
The NNDDC focuses on opportunities arising from mining, construction and property development projects within the traditional territory of the First Nation. However, as NNDDC is mandated to maximize economic investments, we also explore investment opportunities outside of the traditional territory that will enhance the flow of profits back to the First Nation as these opportunities arise.
We look forward to helping the development of a sustainable and prosperous future for the First Nation Na-Cho Nyäk Dun and its citizens.
Our Business Ventures:
The Development Corporation currently has Joint ventures or Agreements in place with:
- Victoria Gold;
- ATAC Resources;
- EBA Tetra-Tech to manage NELPco (The Na-Cho Nyak Dun EBA Land Protection Corporation) which allows us to participate in a number of environmental and engineering related projects in the Traditional Territory;
Other Business Ventures:
- NNDDC also owns the Mayo Bigway Store in Mayo which has recently been renovated and hires a professional food services company to manage the business;
- NNDDC recently managed the renovations for the restaurant building which was leased for 2016-2017 to Tony’s Pizza, a well-regarded Whitehorse restaurant and is now leased to the Riverside Café;
- NNDDC has a long-running contract with YTG for the fire suppression crew with four members and back up personnel in Mayo;
- NNDDC also have investments/shares in Black Street Investments in Whitehorse and RAB – Northerm Windows which continue to be viable investments with good rates of return for the First Nation.
New NNDDC Website:
New Contact Information:
Unit 420, 2237-2nd Avenue
Whitehorse, Yukon Y1A 0K7
Greg Finnegan, Managing Director